All people know that working out is essential for overall health, but when you are trying to lose weight it becomes even more important. So you are probably wondering, where to start? Don’t worry about that! Our team is sharing with you the 10 best exercises for weight loss, which target multiple muscles, boost your metabolism and of course, burn calories. If they feel hard, it is very important to remember that each rep gets you one step closer to your weight goals.
This exercise targets your core, legs and chest at the same time. Feel the burn and know you are building lots of lean muscle!
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides. Push your hips back, knees bent and lower into a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight to them. Jump back softly to land on your feet in the plank position.
- Jump with your feet forward in order to make sure they land just outside of your hands. Reach your hands up and jump explosively.
- Immediately lower back into a squat for the next rep. Repeat this exercise eight to twelve times. Do 3 sets of this.
You should know that squats are one of the best exercises if you are looking to lose weight.
- Start with feet hip-width apart, arms holding weights. Keeping your weight in your heels, begin lowering your legs and lifting your arms in front of you.
- Keeping your back straight, lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Just keep in mind to keep your knees in line with your toes the entire time.
- Keep an a steady rate and rise back to a standing position. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
No matter if you use resistance bands or not, mountain climbers are terrific way to lose those extra calories. The quick leg motion targets butt, hamstrings and obliques.
- Loop center of band around a stable post like a couch leg. Start on the floor in plank position facing away from post, feet placed in handles like stirrups.
- Alternately bring right and left knee in toward chest, not allowing your toes of the bent leg to touch the ground.
- Do 3 sets of this exercise for 1 minute and rest 20 seconds.
Jump rope is more than a school gym class activity. It’s a total-body toner made for weight loss. You should challenge yourself to complete a full minute of jumping – we won’t judge if you bust out the ‘90s jams too.
- Check the length of your rope by holding it in your hands and making sure the handles line up with your shoulders.
- Start with feed together, hands holding ends of your rope, elbows in toward your ribs.
- Swing the jump rope and hop over with feet together. Do not jump in between; you should just jump with each swing of the rope. Do 3 sets and jumping for 1 minute.
Kettlebells are very effective for those people who are looking to lose weight because they engage the entire body. In addition they are low impact yet high intensity which make them ideal for burning calories.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Grasp kettlebell with both hands in front of you.
- Engage core and slightly squat. Press hips forward as you stand and swing the kettlebell upward. Lower your arms and return to the slight squat position for 1 rep. Do 15 swings and 3 sets.
There are many alternatives to the lunge, however the plain jane forward lunge is very effective for weight loss, as it works multiple muscles at once for maximum calorie burn.
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hip and take a step forward with your right leg.
- Keeping your spine tall, lower your body until your front leg and back leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Take a break, and then bring your right leg home to start.
- Now do the other side by stepping forward with your left leg.
- Do a total of 3 sets and repeat 10 times on each side.
High-intensity exercises like this explosive lunge will get you sweating and burn major calories.
- Start with your feet together, hands on the hip. Step forward with your left leg.
- Bend until your left leg is at a 90-degree angle. Jump up, switch your legs in midair, and end with the right leg lunged forward
- Do 3 sets and repeat the lunges, switching sides for 1 minute.
Take your regular squats up a notch by incorporating a jump and lunge. The movement will boost your heart rate and you will feel the burn in your legs, butt and abs.
- Lower into a deep squat and rise up as if you are jumping, however make sure to land in a lunge position with your left leg back.
- Use momentum to jump from this lunge position back to a squat. Continue for 50 seconds, alternating legs and do 2 sets.
The intervals of this exercise may be short, but trust us; you will appreciate the pauses.
- Begin with dumbbells up to your shoulders and feet together.
- The dumbbells jack straight up, until your arms are fully extended. Simultaneously jump your feet outward. Continue with all-out effort for 20 seconds.
- After 10 seconds of rest, place feet shoulder-width apart, dumbbells at your chest.
- Begin jabbing the dumbbells across the body. Changing sides, continue with all-out effort for 20 seconds. After 10 seconds rest, repeat both exercises for 8 rounds.
Body-weight workouts get your heart pumping and your muscles activated. Increasing your muscle mass means more calories burned, even when you are not exercising. How to Workout to Lose Weight • Weight Loss Tips, Diets & Programs
- Start with arms at your side and feet together. Jump feet apart and raise hands into a jumping jack. From there, place your hands on the ground, jump feet out and back in. Rise up back into a jumping jack. Do 3 sets and continue for 10 reps.
- Stand with legs straight, left hand on your hip and the right leg lifted. Bend and touch your left knee with your right hand. Continue for 10 reps before changing sides. Do 3 sets of this exercise.
- Get into plank position, with hands on the floor and legs outstretched behind you. Begin driving your knee into the opposite shoulder. Continue changing legs for 40 seconds and repeat this exercise for 3 sets.