When you’ve finally decided to try low carb diet and you see some progress you’d want to boost that progress. Low carb or keto diet is a diet that restricts carbohydrate intake. So whether you are on this kind of diet or you are just simply looking to reduce your carb consumption, you’ve come to the right place. Our team has gathered an excellent collection of low carb recipes you can use to lower your carb intake. Using these low carb recipes, not only will help you lose weight, but also will help you maintain a healthier life. That being said, let’s take a look at these awesome keto recipes.
Quick and Easy Weight Loss Friendly Low Carb Recipes:
Turkey Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles
You love pasta? Great, because we have excellent news! You don’t have to restrict pasta forever. You just simply need to change this classic Italian meal with turkey meatballs and zucchini noodles. This is one of the “must have” low carb recipes when you are on a low carb diet because it’s delicious!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, divided
- ¼ cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ oz. Parmesan cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup), and some more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (25-oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 average zucchini, cut into noodles
- 4 oz. Provolone cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- In a bigger bowl, mix the turkey, egg, parsley, parmesan, breadcrumbs, 1 garlic clove and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Make around 12 meatballs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a big pan over average heat. Add meatballs and cook until brown on all sides, for about 4-6 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and gently mix in marinara. Boil gently, turning meatballs occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thickened. Cook for about 14 to 16 minutes.
- In the same time, heat remaining oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and remaining garlic. Cook until just tender and heated through, 2-3 minutes. Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Heat broiler to high with frame in the top place. Top with provolone over meatballs. Broil until cheese is golden brown, 3 to 4 min.
- Serve meatballs over noodles topped with Parmesan.
Honey Garlic Shrimp
This delicious shrimp sauté is fresh and will keep you satisfied. This low carb recipes is one of my favorites. Instead of serving it over white rice, opt for cauliflower rice in order to keep it low carb.
- 2 divided tablespoons butter with no salt
- 1 pound shrimp that’s uncooked and needs to be peeled and cleaned.
- 3 pieces of garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces snow peas, cut in half
- Sliced scallions and torn cilantro leaves, for decoration
- Steamed rice for serving
- Liquefy 1 tbsp. of the butter in a big non-stick frying pan over medium to high temperature.
- Include the shrimp in a smooth layer and cook until its pink on the bottom, for around 1 minute. Turn over the shrimp and include the remaining garlic, butter and salt. Cook; stir frequently, until the shrimp are non-transparent, one to two min. more.
- After that include the honey and snow peas. Carry on cooking, until the snow peas have become softer and the shrimp starts to turn brown.
- Then include the lemon juice and stir for thirty seconds more.
- Take the pan away from heat and mix with spoon in the pepper flakes.
- After that, serve straightaway over rice.
Chili-Garlic Grilled Chicken with Avocado-Cherry Salsa
If you are looking for something that will keep you feel fuller for longer time, this is the meal you are searching for. This is one of the low carb recipes that is excellent addition to your low carb diet plan. Must try: Low Carb Desserts: Easy and Delicious Keto Friendly Desserts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon live zest plus ¼ cup lime juice, divided and wedges for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 to 8 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast splits
- 2 cups cherries, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, chopped
- In a large zip-top bag, mix the chili powder, garlic, 3 tbsp. oil, lime zest and 2 tbsp. juice, 1 ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Include chicken, seal and turn to coat. Marinate, in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the cherries, shallot, cilantro, remaining 1 tbsp. oil, remaining 2 tbsp. lime juice and jalapeno. Flavor with salt and pepper. Leave it for 15 minutes and then fold in avocado.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove the chicken from marinade and soak up the unnecessary water with paper towels. Flavor with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, covered until the temperature reaches 75 celsius. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes each side. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and lime wedges.
Skillet Cod with Lemon and Capers
For many reasons, fish can seem difficult to make, but it couldn’t be further from the truth because this recipe is easy to make and it will only take you 10 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless cod fillets, thawed if frozen and patted very dry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium lemon
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- Torn fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, for serving
- Heat the oil in a big pan over average heat until shimmering.
- In the same time sprinkle the cod evenly with salt and pepper on each side.
- Add the cod fillets to the pan and cook until golden-brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes each side.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and squeeze in the juice of the lemon. When it starts to bubble add the garlic, capers and butter.
- Swirl over the heat until the butter is completely melted and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Now we’ve listed 4 amazing and easy low carb recipes if you are on a low carb diet or simply looking to lower your carb consumption. Choose yours and hit the kitchen! Read more about low carb diet here.